Too often, we wait for the perfect time to start losing weight, build a business, save money, or hire a Coach or Mentor. Time is constantly passing, and there’s no time to wait!
You can start working out today! You don’t need to wait for Monday, or the first of the month, or the first of the year. Get started today and make the most of the present moment.
Taking action is often better than waiting for the perfect time.
- There’s always a way. You can’t control time, but you can control how you use it. Rather than waiting, use your determination and ingenuity to find a way to make the present work for you. Take the opportunities you have and figure out how to bring them to fruition.
- Progress is often slow, so get started as soon as possible. Momentum can take time, so it only makes sense to begin building it immediately. Success can take time. How much time do you have? You really don’t know. One thing is for certain: the sooner you get started, the sooner you’ll enjoy
- You learn more. The sooner you start doing something, the sooner your education begins. You learn nothing from waiting. The more you know, the easier it is to be successful and to enjoy your life.
- Ignore the excuses. You can always invent an excuse to justify postponing action. Most people do this on a daily basis. Do you want the same results as the average person? A year from now, you’ll still have plenty of excuses, but you won’t be any closer to your goal. Forget the excuses and take action.
- You’ll be pleased with yourself. Imagine you’re old and at the end of your life. Do you think you’ll regret the things you did, or the opportunities you failed to act upon? You’ll regret your inaction much more than the actions you took.
Taking action right now is better than waiting for the perfect moment in the future. That time will never come. Take advantage of today and begin making progress and building momentum.
Begin taking action today with these strategies:
- Create a plan that you can begin executing immediately. Your plan should include actions that you can take either today or tomorrow at the latest.
- Consider the likely obstacles. What roadblocks are you likely to run into? What can you do to prepare for them? Do you have any solutions? What resources do you have available to you?
- Create a reward system. Obviously, you have some resistance to getting started, or you would’ve already gotten started. Encourage yourself to take action by promising yourself a small reward after accomplishing a task or two toward your goal.
- Be persistent. Make a habit of taking a small action each day. Small actions might seem like they accomplish little, but the effect is cumulative. Just keep going!
Life can only be lived in the present. Waiting for some unspecified, magical time in the future is a waste of your life. You can get started right here and now! There’s no time like the present to begin living your life fully. What are you waiting for?
By this time next year, you could either change your life significantly or still be stuck. Take control of your life, starting today. You’ll be glad you did.
What is the best way you have dealt with procrastination? Please share your experiences below.
About the Author
Dan Murray helps business owners take action to get better results, faster and easier! He helps you clearly identify your goals and desired outcomes. All this while focusing on helping you build real value in your business. Do you feel like you are caught in the 'Owners Trap’? Dan can help! To learn more go to: YourRestorationCoach.com