Life coaching is a relatively new phenomenon.
The purpose of a life coach is to help you create a life that fulfills you.
Many people rave about the benefits, saying that their life coaches changed their lives for the better.
If you’re thinking about hiring a life coach, consider these benefits:
- You can finally decide what you want to be when you grow up. Life coaches are great at getting you to actually choose what you want with your life. You’ll get to design your ideal life and maximize your fulfillment.
- You’ll raise your standards. Many of your challenges likely result from having standards that are too low. You may be too quick to settle, take jobs that are beneath your capabilities, or get into relationships that don’t serve you. Your boundaries may be weak and undefined. A life coach can help you overcome these challenges.
- You’ll be held accountable. If you decide on your own to start working out each morning and then you don’t follow through, you can tell yourself that you’ll start again tomorrow. On the other hand, a life coach will keep you to the task. One reason this strategy works is because most of us find letting others down to be painful. And most of us don’t like being in “trouble.”
- Your life will become more balanced. You tend to emphasize certain things and fail to give others enough emphasis. A life coach will force you to give adequate attention to all the areas of your life.
- You’ll be forced to stretch yourself. Have you ever noticed that some people never change? They’re the same today as they were ten or more years ago. Life is about learning and applying that learning to get better results. If your life is always the same, you’re either not learning or not applying what you’ve learned.
- You’ll work through your challenges with an expert to support you. Dealing with challenges can be intimidating. Having an expert in your corner can make all the difference. Two heads really can be better than one. Sometimes all you need is a little encouragement and support to get unstuck.
- You’ll have someone that is just as excited by your successes as you are! Have you ever done something that fills you with pride, only to find out that your family, friends, or significant other seems less than impressed? A life coach will always cheer you on and celebrate your success, no matter how small, with you.
- You’ll solve challenges you didn’t even realize you had. Typically a coach is hired for a specific reason. But through the process of coaching, you’ll find that there are other issues that might be just as important. There’s no place to hide with a good life coach.
Life coaching might just be for you if you feel that you’re stuck and truly want to change something in your life.
Do you recognize yourself in the points listed above?
Have you been trying to change your life but been unable to? If so, a life coach could make a huge difference in your life.
On the other hand, if your life is right where you want it, a life coach might not be what you’re looking for.
Consider what you want and your ability to overcome challenges and fulfill your dreams on your own. If you feel you could use some help, seeking the help of a life coach might be one of the best decisions you’ve ever make.