It can be a good thing when you find your comfort zone. Everyone likes a place where they can feel safe.
However, sometimes your comfort zone can limit you.
You might be missing out on opportunities without even knowing that you’re missing out!
Expanding your comfort zone can bring a whole new world of excitement, passion, experiences, friends, financial opportunities, and knowledge into your life. To take advantage of these benefits, the first thing you must do is embrace change.
Life is full of changes.
When you get into the habit of finding the good in every change, you become more comfortable with the idea of change itself, and look forward to the new adventures that lie ahead. With this mindset, you’re ready, willing, and able to expand your comfort zone.
Real growth begins at the end of your comfort zone.
Try these techniques to help you break free of the limits of your comfort zone:
- Think positive thoughts. When you’re living in a bubble, and that bubble breaks, you’ll most likely feel fear. When you’re scared, focus on thinking more positive thoughts. Instead of thinking about what could go wrong, think about what could go right (REVERSE THE NEGATIVE WHAT IF). Have faith that this new opportunity will bring you to a new, comforting place.
- Use your imagination. By only staying where you’re familiar, you’re actually limiting your imagination. Start now and try to exercise your mind. Stretch it to envision doing new things you never considered before. Try some new activities. Invariably, you’ll find some you enjoy and these will be added to your repertoire of experiences you find comfortable, thus expanding your comfort zone.
- Take small steps. One of the most important tips when it comes to expanding your comfort zone is to tread lightly. If you expect too much too soon, you may shock yourself and go running back to your bubble. Feel free to take even the smallest of steps. Each step forward is just that: a step forward. These steps will add up to something big as long as you keep trying.
- Do something new. You don’t have to do anything terribly exciting or even have any expectations about the results. Just do something you’ve never done before. Even trying a new restaurant or taking a different route to work will help. Do something differently each day, and soon you’ll be looking forward to your daily adventure!
- Accept help. If you ask your friends and family for help, they’ll likely be there for you. Have them help you if you’re feeling uncomfortable in a new situation. They might just alleviate your stress while you’re expanding your comfort zone.
- Meet new people. Be open to accepting new friends and acquaintances. Strike up casual conversations with people around you. You never know when you might be able to form a new relationship with someone. Your new friends will help you expand your comfort zone by bringing their friends and new ideas into your life.
Remember that there are no set rules.
Your main goal is to be happy with your life. If you’re happy in your comfort zone, you don’t have to expand it aggressively against your wishes. However, if staying within your own bubble may cause you regret because of missed opportunities, then try these easy strategies to help you grab all the gusto you can out of life!