Code of Ethics
The Canadian Coach is committed to promoting and maintaining excellence in coaching in Canada. As such, we expect all members to demonstrate ethical conduct in their businesses.
The Canadian Coach Code of Ethics is designed to provide appropriate guidelines and standards of conduct for all members who use this website and membership services.
By using this website and being a member of The Canadian Coach, you acknowledge your ethical obligations. You pledge to comply with The Canadian Coach Code of Ethics and to practice these standards with all those whom you interact.
You understand and agree that if you breach this Code of Ethics, that The Canadian Coach in its sole discretion may hold you accountable for so doing. You further agree that any such breach of The Canadian Coach Code of Ethics may result in the loss of your membership.
As a Canadian coach, I agree to:
- Conduct myself in accordance with The Canadian Coach Code of Ethics.
- Hold myself to the highest levels of professional integrity, honesty, accountability, and respect.
- Walk my talk, do what I promise, and do what’s right, even when it’s not popular.
- Ensure that all my communications, both verbal and written, as well as digital and in person, are true and accurate about what I offer as a coach.
- Only share what I know to be true about the potential value of coaching and of me as a coach.
- Identify my coaching qualifications, experience, training, and certifications accurately and openly.
- Adhere to the principles set out in the Canadian Human Rights Act, and as such I do not discriminate based on the prohibited grounds as stated in the Act, including but not limited to, age, race, gender orientation, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, or disability.
- Carefully explain to any potential coaching client the nature of my coaching, the limits of confidentiality, financial arrangements, and any and all other terms of our coaching agreement.
- Create a coaching agreement before beginning a coaching relationship to be signed by all parties. The agreement will clearly explain the roles, responsibilities and rights of all parties involved, as well as any payment, termination, and refund policies. I agree to abide by and complete this agreement as signed by all parties.
- Hold all client information strictly confidential unless required to be released by law.
- Comply with any applicable confidentiality, security, and privacy laws and agreements regarding the maintenance, storage, and disposal of any records, including electronic files and communications, created during my coaching interactions.
- Set clear boundaries to govern all client and potential client relationships and interactions.
- Respect my client’s right to terminate our coaching relationship if at any point they no longer find value with our services, subject to the provisions agreed to within the signed coaching agreement.
- Encourage my client to seek the services of other professionals when I believe they would be better served by another coach or by another resource.
- Never spam or harass clients, potential clients, or other The Canadian Coach members for any reason in any way.
- Only claim ownership of my own material. I will credit all photos, content and materials of other parties and only use it with their permission. I understand that violating this standard may leave me subject to legal action by a third party.
- Disclose all anticipated compensation that I may receive from third parties as a referral, affiliate, or joint venture partner.
- Be aware of any conflict or potential conflict of interest, to openly disclose any such conflict, and to offer to remove myself when a conflict arises.
- Understand that The Canadian Coach may update and change this Code of Ethics at any time without prior notice.
If you have questions or concerns regarding The Canadian Coach Code of Ethics, please reach out to us at support@theCanadianCoach.ca